January 15, 2015
I hope that you had the opportunity to visit the various Catholic Schools in the area last night at the Area Catholic School Fair. I hope you were able to take some time to meet the principals and get information about their school and when they will be hosting Open Houses. I encourage every family to visit the different Catholic School’s Open House on Sunday, January 25, 2015.
An important note to every family…
· Next week you will be receiving a Tuition update letter from me. I can’t express to you the importance of making sure you pay your tuition in a timely matter. St. Ladislaus still has bill that must be paid including paying teacher their salary, the heating bill, electricity, telephone, etc.
· Please make sure you are up to date on your tuition. You will not be able to register at a new Catholic School if you have outstanding tuition at St. Ladislaus.
· We are reminding every family that part of the tuition contract you signed in August every family is responsible for $400.00 in fundraising profit. You will receive a letter today in your child’s Thursday folder stating how much you have raised and how much you still owe by May 8, 2015. We will be having a Yankee Candle Fundraiser in the Spring. We are encouraging all families to participate. (You may not register at a new Catholic School if you have not completed your fundraising obligation to St. Ladislaus School)
· We are reminding every family that they are required to do 20 hours of service or pay $10 for every hour they do not complete. We are asking you to bring their Volunteer Sheet to the office so Mrs. Connelly can record your hours.
Tuition: Every family should have received a tuition bill from Smart Tuition. January’s tuition payment was due on the 5th or the 15th. It is important to pay your bill early to avoid a late fee. If you have not paid your January’s tuition payment as of today, you must make arrangements to do so immediately.
Check Your Child’s Back Pack: Parents, a reminder it is important that you check your child’s book bag every night.
· Parents of children in PreK-2 it is important to check their homework folders. Look at your child’s school work and take the time to ask them what they did in school today. Please make sure you empty the folder and return it to school.
· Parents of children in grades 3-8 take a moment to look at your child’s assignment notebook. Make sure they are completing their homework every night.
Progress Reports will be going home Thursday, January 22rd. Please take a moment and review with your child their Progress Report.
Family Service Hours: Reminder to all Parents regarding Volunteer Hours: Every family is responsible to complete 20 volunteer hours. If you do not want to complete or participate in volunteer for your child’s school you have the option of paying $200.00. (This is part of the tuition contract that you sign in August.) We are asking families to please bring your Volunteer Sheet to the office so Mrs. Connelly can record your completed hours.
Coke Rewards, Box Tops for Education, Campbell Soup Labels: We are encouraging our families to start sending in these items. We want to see what we can get NOW! Great News… We just received a check for $613.00 from Box Tops For Education.
School Emergency Closing Information: If you are trying to find out if school is closed because of bad weather… You will receive a message through SchoolReach. or you may go to www.emergencyclosings.com
Outdoor Recess: Because our goal is to provide students with the opportunity for daily active recess time whenever possible, we have made the decision to have outdoor recess if the wind chill factor is 20 degrees or above. It is important that your child(ren) are bringing warm coats, hats, and gloves/mittens to school to wear during recess. Girls may bring pants to wear under their uniforms while outside. Please make sure to label all of your cold weather gear with your child’s name. This is the time of year where these items seem to grow legs and disappear.
Absent from School: If your child is sick and will not be coming to school, please call the office by 9:00 am and let Mrs. Connelly know. If your child goes home with a fever, they must be fever free for 24 hours.
Tardy: If your child is in grades 3rd-8th and they arrive at school after 8:00 am… We remind you that your child must go to the teacher lounge/afterschool room door to get a tardy slip. They should not be using the Main Entrance after 8:00. If your child is tardy on Friday we are asking you to walk your child to church where their teacher will greet them.
2014 SMART Tuition Tax Letters: SMART Tuition will be sending us the 2014 Tax Letter in the next few weeks. Please check your child’s Thursday Folder starting next week.
Reminders for the Week:
Sunday, January 18, 2015
· 9:00 Family Mass: We encourage all families to join the St. Ladislaus School Community for our once a month Family Mass. Lite refreshments and fellowship will be available after Mass in the teacher’s lounge in the school.
Monday, January 19, 2015
· No School: Martin Luther King Birthday
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
· Parent Association Meeting: 6:30 in the school library
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
· 8th Grade Graduation Pictures: This is a dress up day for 8th grade only
Thursday, January 22, 2015
· Progress Report go home today: Grades 1st-8th
Friday, January 23, 2015
· 8:15 All School Mass: Grades K-8
· 8th Grade Graduation Pictures: Wednesday, January 21st. (This will be a dress up day for 8th grade only.)
· Trimester Progress Reports: 2nd Trimester Progress Reports go home Thursday, January 22, 2015
· Beginning of Catholic Schools Week: Sunday, January 25, 2015: Area Catholic School will be having Open Houses on this day. I encourage you to take this time and visit the different area Catholic School.
· Catholic School Week Events: Monday, January 26th - 30th
· No School Professional Development: Friday, February 13, 2015
· No School Presidents Day: Monday, February 16, 2015
· Ash Wednesday: Wednesday, February 18, 2015
· Hot Dog/Dress Down Day: Tuesday, February 24, 2015